Electrify Canada, established in July 2018, is announcing nine new electric vehicle (EV) fast charging station locations in British Columbia, projected to open throughout 2020.
The first station, located in the city of Merritt, marked the company’s official debut in western Canada when it opened to the public in May.
Electrify Canada’s stations will be positioned along the Trans-Canada Highway and Highways 97 and 99.
As various restrictions lift and it may become more feasible for Canadians to travel, these new EV charging stations are located to provide drivers a range of travel options to some of the province’s most popular attractions, including the Nicola Valley, Banff National Park, Discovery Trail and Riverside Park Beach.
“British Columbia has been at the forefront of the electric mobility movement and we’re excited that electric vehicle drivers in B.C. will now be able to benefit from the Electrify Canada network,” said Robert Barrosa, chief operating officer at Electrify Canada. “Our expansion to the west coast is another strong step in our journey to provide high quality fast-charging options to the ever-growing Canadian EV community.”
Planned Electrify Canada charging locations for British Columbia include the following:
- Merritt – Canadian Tire, 2761 Forksdale Avenue, Merritt, BC
- Abbotsford – Canadian Tire, 32513 S. Fraser Way, Abbotsford, BC
- District of Hope – 349 Fort Street, Hope, BC
- Golden – Golden Village Lodge, 1439 Lafontaine Road, Golden, BC
- Kamloops South – Canadian Tire, 1441 Hillside Drive, Kamloops, BC
- Kelowna – Canadian Tire, 1655 Leckie Road, Kelowna, BC
- Revelstoke – Revelstoke Railway Museum, 719 Track Street W, Revelstoke, BC
- Salmon Arm – Canadian Tire, 300 1151-10th Avenue SW, Salmon Arm, BC
- Squamish – Garibaldi Village, 40270 Glenalder Place, Squamish, BC
To view whether a station near you is open and for a full list of Electrify Canada station locations, visit: https://www.electrify-canada.ca/locate-charger.